Welcome! ようこそ!

I set up this blog to hopefully introduce those outside Japan to some of Japan's best music and a taste of Osaka and Kyoto's thriving underground music scene.

Alot of what I post will be CDR's and CD's sold by bands on the Kyoto/Osaka live circuit. Hopefully giving a little exposure to the bands outside Japan. The rest will be Japanese bands from pretty much any and every generation and genre. From 60's Rock'n'Roll and folk to 00's noise and electronica.

If anyone has an issue with me uploading their music please contact me and I'll remove the links immediatley. My intention is to introduce this music to new audiences. So please help support these bands by buying their releases or catching them live if you have the opportunity. Alot of these guys are working full time jobs on top of making great music. Please send comments, complaints, recommendations and seasonal greetings to stinkinhippy@hotmail.com

Wednesday 2 March 2011

LIVE LOG: Yamamoto Seiichi (Namba Bears 25-2-2011)


It's my birthday tomorrow! Yay me! I was lucky enough to get a digital camera which has some fairly decent audio and video capture which means... I finally have a way of documenting my live show addiction. So may I introduce the all new "LIVE LOG". A regular section where I upload shitty video of some of my recent gigging highlights.

First up is one of the Boredoms own Yamamoto Seiichi's many side projects/concept pieces. "Suimin" is a 3 hour, ambient, audio/visual experience. The audience were told to bring sleeping bags and pillows to watch the ceiling projected video pieces and their accompanying ambient soundscapes. I wasn't totally sure going in if I was going to end up bored out of mind but I came out pretty impressed. The audience were encouraged to relax and sleep if they felt like it so it made for a very informal and laidback experience. The more meditive experience was a nice change of pace from the usual noise and chaos I'm used to seeing at Bears. Worth checking out if you're seeking a more introspective experience.

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have any CD-R of Seiichi Yamamoto(rashinban omoide hatova etc...)?

    i have all of his albums, but there are a lot of CD-Rs whitch we can buy only in the club.
    if you had them, please upload :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I don't have any of Seiichi's CDR's. I've only seen him once or twice since I prefer his older projects like Boredoms and Omoide Hatoba over the sort of stuff he has now. Though when I have seen him he's usually only been selling his proper album releases. I'm not sure if any CDR's of his older projects exist either. I've only ever stumbled across some CDR compilations that feature some Seiichi appearances.

    I do have a couple of his collaboration albums that you may have missed. Stuff like his Acid Mithers collab, Yowamushi, Sunkichi (Ruins collab) and Phew. Could upload one or two of those if you're missing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your replying :)
      but i have these collab albums...

      i can find many indies bands in your blog.
      i'm looking forward to your updating!

      Delete